symbol〚part〛value or ClassSetDelayed[symbol〚part〛,value]
sets part in the symbol symbol representing a class instance to the delayed evaluation of value.
sets the li to be the delayed evaluation of the corresponding ri.
- ClassSetDelayed is a limited counterpart to SetDelayed designed specifically for symbols representing class instances.
- ClassSetDelayed performs a similar role as Affix and AffixTo.
- The infix operator can be entered as Esc:=<Esc.
- ClassSetDelayed is overloaded so that Part works with class instances as if they were Association objects.
- lhsrhs returns Null if the assignment specified can be performed, and returns $Failed otherwise.
- ClassSetDelayed has attribute HoldAll, rather than HoldFirst.