sets part in the symbol symbol representing a class instance to the evaluated value.
evaluates the ri and assigns the results to be the values of the corresponding li.
- ClassSet is a limited counterpart to Set designed specifically for symbols representing class instances.
- ClassSet performs a similar role as Affix and AffixTo.
- The infix operator can be entered as Esc=<Esc.
- ClassSet is overloaded so that Part works with class instances as if they were Association objects.
- Part 0 of a symbol refers to its head, which is the same as its class symbol. symbol〚0〛class changes the class of the instance represented by symbol to class.
- symbol〚"key"〛value associates value to the element indicated by "key".
- New assignments with identical left-hand sides overwrite old ones.
- You can obtain the underlying Association object stored in symbol using Normal[symbol].
- ClassSet has attribute HoldFirst.
- part is evaluated.
- lhsrhs evaluates to rhs even if for some reason the assignment specified cannot be performed.
- ClassSet is a low-level function that does not strictly enforce the result to satisfy any invariants, though it will print a warning when ValidQ does not return True when applied to the result.